Let's Talk Science joined forces with the Department of Immunology at the University of Toronto to bring you the third annual Day of Immunology in the nation.
26 students in the Department of Immunology visited 45+ classrooms in the GTA on Friday April 27, 2012. We introduced the students to the Immune system, the immune response, and modern laboratory techniques used by immunologists in the field.
Grade 9 and Grade 10 Classes
Students will be introduced to the immune system: the different components, the cells, and their origin.
We will also be conducting a microbiology experiment! There will be a competition involved so you don't want to miss this!
Grade 11 and Grade 12 Classes
Students will be introduced to the immune system and the immune response. Links will be made between the cellular and body physiology and how it all correlates to the immune system.
The classes will learn various aspect of infectious diseases and will be conducting an experiment which explores a disease outbreak scenario using the modern laboratory technique - the ELISA Assay.
1) Blessed Cardinal Newman Catholic Secondary School:
2) David and Mary Thomson Collegiate Institute
David and Mary Thomson Collegiate Institute
3) Father John Redmond Catholic Secondary School
Father John Redmond Catholic Secondary School
4) John Polanyi Collegiate Institute
5) Kipling Collegiate Institute
6) Lawrence Park Collegiate Institute
Lawrence Park Collegiate Institute
7) Lester B Pearson Collegiate Institute
8) Northview Heights Secondary School
9) St. Joseph's College School