Let's Talk Cancer is a FREE one-day event for Grade 11 and 12 students hosted by Let's Talk Science at Western University and the Canadian Cancer Society’s Research Information Outreach Team. This full day event at Western explores the many facets of science and math that are integral to cancer research today. The day will include speakers and a variety of activities designed to involve students directly in understanding how biology, chemistry, physics and math contribute to cancer research.
Date: Tuesday, May 3rd, 2016
Time: 8:30 am to 2:30 pm
Location: SSC (Social Science Building), Western University
To register for the Let's Talk Cancer Symposia please use the online form below.
- 8:00 am – 8:30 am: Student Arrival
- 8:30 am – 9:30 am: Welcome & Opening Speaker: Dr. David Rodenhiser
- 9:30 am – 9:40 am: Travel Time
- 9:40 am – 10:30 am: Break Out Session #1
- 10:30 am – 10:40 am: Travel Time
- 10:40 am – 11:30 am: Break Out Session #2
- 11:30 am – 12:20 pm: Lunch (Provided)
- 12:20 pm – 12:30 pm: Travel Time
- 12:30 pm – 1:20 pm: Break Out Session #3
- 1:20 pm – 1:30 pm: Travel Time
- 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm: Closing Speaker: Dr. David Litchfield & Wrap-Up
For More Information
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Sarah Mattonen.
Let’s Talk Cancer is a series of full-day symposia for secondary students that explores the use of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) as an integral part of cancer research.
Images from the 2016 Let's Talk Cancer symposium held at Western University